Prep/cooking time: 10 minutes Yields: 2 serves Ingredients
· 1 large mango
· 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
· Juice of 1 lime
· Pinch of sea salt
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 3 cups packed fresh baby spinach and/or rocket
· 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
· 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
· 1/2 Hass avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
· 2 tablespoon pine nuts
· 1 tablespoon flax seeds
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan. Cut mango cheeks by making two slices as close to either side of the seed as possible. Brush the cut surfaces of the mango cheeks with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Place cut side-down onto the grill over direct medium-high heat until charred and heated through, about 7 minutes, rotating once halfway through grilling. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
2. Score each “cheek” into cubes in the peel, not cutting through the peel. Then scoop the cubes out of each peel.
3. Add 1/3 cup packed grilled mango cubes to a blender, reserve remaining cubes.
Add the lime juice, salt, pepper, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the blender. Puree on high speed until creamy.