Prep/cooking time: 10 minutes Yields: 2 serves Ingredients
· 1 large mango
· 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
· Juice of 1 lime
· Pinch of sea salt
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 3 cups packed fresh baby spinach and/or rocket
· 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
· 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
· 1/2 Hass avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
· 2 tablespoon pine nuts
· 1 tablespoon flax seeds
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan. Cut mango cheeks by making two slices as close to either side of the seed as possible. Brush the cut surfaces of the mango cheeks with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Place cut side-down onto the grill over direct medium-high heat until charred and heated through, about 7 minutes, rotating once halfway through grilling. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
2. Score each “cheek” into cubes in the peel, not cutting through the peel. Then scoop the cubes out of each peel.
3. Add 1/3 cup packed grilled mango cubes to a blender, reserve remaining cubes.
Add the lime juice, salt, pepper, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the blender. Puree on high speed until creamy.
4. To a salad bowl add the spinach, mint, onion, and avocado. Depending on the size of the mango used the amount of dressing made can differ so I suggest pouring half of the grilled mango dressing onto the salad and combine. Serve the remaining dressing on the side to be added if needed.
5. Sprinkle the salad with the reserved grilled mango cubes and walnuts.
Serve and enjoy!
Yours in creating healthy and wholesome habits,